High Hopes




I usually don't like to do reposts of mp3s I've previously had up, but today seems like the perfect day to share this one again...

Frank Sinatra - "High Hopes (Kennedy Campaign Version)" (mp3)

For all you completists out there, Zorch's Inner Sanctum has the flipside of this rare single, along with a bunch of other campaign songs from 50's and 60's.

I haven't been this excited about a presidential election in... well, ever. For the first time in my life, I voted for a candidate that I truly like and believe in, rather than the lesser of two evils. And it felt kind of awesome. It was nice walking into the booth two weeks ago with a sense of enthusiasm, rather than the dread and borderline disgust I usually feel when I hit the vote button. It really felt like a privilege rather than a responsibility.

Regardless of who your candidate is, if you haven't already voted, get out and do it today. And if you need some extra motivation...


Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?