Any Other Way




Two or three times a week I'll get a friend request from a band on myspace. I rarely add them, but I always give them a listen. Ninety-nine percent of the time they're terrible. But I've yet to turn on the "block band requests" feature because I figured someday I might get a request from a really good band I might not have discovered otherwise. Last night it finally happened.

Delorentos is a foursome from Dublin that play angular indie rock that is chalk full of hooks. I highly recommend you head over to their myspace profile and listen to "The Rules" (or you could watch the video). That song has been stuck in my head on permanent repeat since I first heard it last night. It kind of reminds me of a more steamlined, less spastic Franz Ferdinand.

Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be an mp3 of "The Rules" online, so I'm posting this song from their 2005 EP Leave It On (currently out of print). It starts off slow, but kicks in after about a minute.

Delorentos - "Any Other Way" (mp3)

They have a new single coming out on February 23, "The Basis Of Everything," to be followed by their first full length album this spring. They'll also be playing at SXSW in March, so if anyone is headed to Austin they are definitely worth putting on your intinerary.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?