Across The Universe


A roundup of links I found interesting this week...

-
The Onion AV Club has a great article about legendary lost albums, and one of the authors is Nashville Scene writer Noel Murray. Even casual music fans could probably guess the number one lost album, but the rest of the list has a few surprises.

-
The Post Show did a hilarious Bob Dylan mockumentary called No Direction, Period. The premise is that during his peak years in the early-to-mid 60's, he wrote every popular song that's been recorded in the last 35 years. If you can watch all four minutes and not crack up, you're made of stronger stuff than I am.

- Janet at Out The Other caught the Jeff Tweedy show in Nashville last week, and raved about opener (and Wilco drummer) Glenn Kotche. After watching the "Monkey Chant" video, I can understand why. I've been a drummer since the sixth grade, I've never been so impressed by a drum solo (although calling it merely a drum solo really doesn't do it justice). Janet's post has links to the piece it was based on, and hearing that makes the performance even more impressive.

- If the rumors are true and The Police play Bonnaroo this year, I'm going to have to overcome my hatred of festival concerts and dirty hippies. For the last five years I've sworn that only a reunion of Stewart, Sting and Andy could get me to overcome my love of daily showers. Now it looks like it might happen. Eeek.

- Heart On A Stick has compiled a 2006 Music Bloggregate, a spreadsheet tracking the year end best album lists from a whopping 641 music blogs. It's an interesting read, though I continue to be amazed that so many people can actually listen to Joanna Newsom.

-
This has nothing to do with music, but I loved this line: "Getting complimented by Jessica Biel on your butt is like getting complimented by Mr. T on your fool-pitying skills."

The Beatles - "Across The Universe (Alternate Mix)" (mp3) from the bootleg Revolution

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?