Nothin' New For New Year




It took me awhile to get on board with Harry Connick Jr. My initial reaction was to dismiss him has a hack Sinatra wannabe. Was that a total kneejerk, uneducated opinion? Sure, but I'm nothing if not stubborn. It wasn't until a friend made me a mixtape of his stuff several years ago that I was able to get past my prejudices. Seeing him in concert a couple years later erased all doubts from my mind; the guy is a great singer and an absolutely fantastic entertainer.

I listened to
Harry For The Holidays for the first time a couple of weeks ago, and when this unlikely duet came over the speakers, I did an aural double take. George Jones has one of the most distintive voices ever recorded, but I still had to check the liner notes to make sure it was indeed The Possum that Harry was singing with. In addition to being a great song, it's a good example of how just how versatile Connick is.

Harry Connick Jr. and George Jones - "Nothin' New For New Year" (mp3)

Labels:


Comments:
You give new meaning to the word "stubborn" from someone who knows you well and loves you unconditionally ;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?