Happy Birthday


Today is quite simply the most awesome birthday in music history. Among those celebrating today are Pat Benatar, Rod Stewart, Frank Sinatra Jr, Meg White, Curt Kirkwood (Meat Puppets), Shawn Colvin, Jim Croce (a personal favorite) guitarist Michael Schenker, Donald Fagan (Steely Dan), Cyril Neville, Ronnie Hawkins, drummer Max Roach, Partridge Family "keyboardist" Susan Dey and a bunch of classical composers I promise you've never heard of. But towering above all of those is one of the most important and influential singers to ever emerge from the British music scene (and even though I shouldn't be admitting this in public, the subject of one of my recurring dreams, seriously)...

Emma Bunton.




So to Baby Spice and everyone else celebrating a birthday today, this is for you...

Frank Sinatra - "Happy Birthday" (mp3)

There's not a lot I can tell you about this recording. It was made in 1984, and I can only guess Old Blue Eyes was warming up for a recording session (probably for the L.A. Is My Lady album).

Comments:
I thought it was Ginger Spice that you liked?
 
Happy Birthday to all the great musicians. I love Frank Sinatra. Thanks for the link buddy.Peep into my blog for some unique birthday gift ideas.
 
And don't forget a big happy birthday to the Page 300 Svengali, Revell Spice.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?