Holiday Inn




For the last of my seasonal posts, I thought I'd feature one of my favorite old movies, Holiday Inn. Although it's often thought of as a Christmas movie (probably because it was the debut of "White Christmas"), it is actually a holiday movie in the truest sense of the word, with an Irving Berlin tune for almost every occasion. Bing Crosby and Fred Astaire have a great chemistry, and the object of their affections, Marjorie Reynolds, is one of the most gorgeous Hollywood starlets you've probably never heard of (unless you're a movie buff). I could describe the plot to you, but der Bingle does a pretty good job of that himself in this medley of songs from the film.

Bing Crosby - "Holiday Inn Medley (Let's Start The New Year Right/Abraham/Be Careful, It's My Heart/Easter Parade/White Christmas)" (mp3)

It was recorded on December 14, 1944 for the Kraft Music Hall program, and is available on the awkwardly titled WWII Radio Christmas Show CD.

Labels:


Comments:
Gotta say though, the blackface number is a little jarring if you're not expecting it.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?