New Day Rising




A mini-mix for the day after.

Velocity Girl - "I Can't Stop Smiling" (mp3) from Simpatico
Peggy Lee - "It's A Good Day" (mp3) from The Best of Miss Peggy Lee
Frank Sinatra - "The House I Live In" (mp3) from Portrait of Sinatra

As perfect as that last song is for today, two verses that were not included in Sinatra's version are especially fitting for present day events...

"The house I live in,
My neighbors white and black,
The people who just came here,
Or from generations back;
The town hall and the soapbox,
The torch of liberty,
A home for all God's children;
That's America to me.

The house I live in,
The goodness everywhere,
A land of wealth and beauty,
With enough for all to share;
A house that we call Freedom,
A home of Liberty,
And it belongs to fighting people
That's America to me."

I'm not sure I've ever felt as patriotic as I feel today.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?