Beast Rest Forth Mouth





Bear In Heaven - Beast Rest Forth Mouth

Brooklyn's
Bear In Heaven was one of the bands that I saw earlier this month at Next Big Nashville and made a mental note that I needed to check them out. Turns out if I had done a better job of checking my inbox, I could have checked them out before NBN... I'd already been sent a link to their sophomore album.

Beast Rest Forth Mouth is full of moody, sequencer driven indie rock. The songs seem to float through your head, riding through aural clouds on beds of vintage synths. Even the more upbeat songs have an airy, slightly ominous feeling. On "Dust Cloud" they sound like My Bloody Valentine on valium, but the rest of the albums pulls equally from 80's new wave and late 70's prog rock. It's like if Yes' Jon Anderson fronted Tangerine Dream, and they covered Gary Numan songs. While I might personally wish for a bit more guitar to add variety to the proceedings, you can't deny that these guys create one hell of an atmosphere. It's no surprise that they're one of the buzziest bands on the blogs right now.


Bear In Heaven - "Lovesick Teenagers" (mp3)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?