Christmas Kisses




Want to get me to write about your band? Take a page from the Lylas playbook... bribery! All it took was a couple of candy canes and some Hershey's Kisses. I guess I'm easy. It also helps that they're one of my favorite local bands, and they're spreading holiday cheer with a new EP of holiday songs called A Christmas Kiss From Lylas. It's a safe bet that "Swing Low, Sweet Mistletoe" is coolest use of ukulele and pedal steel on a Christmas song since Bing Crosby and the Andrews Sisters wished you "Mele Kalikimaka," but I'm going to post another song. I'm guessing I'm not the only blogger they sent this to, so the other three songs (two of which are short instrumentals) will probably end up online soon.

Lylas - "Sara, Wear Your Sleighbells Home" (mp3)

They'll be playing in Nashville this Saturday, December 16, at The End with
The Privates and Apollo Up. If you ask nicely, maybe they'll play one of their sweet new seasonal tunes.

post title by Marty Robbins

Labels: ,


Comments:
No really, bands should send us more candy - it definitely makes me look more favorably upon their music. I think it has something to do with the sugar rush. :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?