The Funky Football




I got an early Christmas present this year... the most awesome weekend of football ever (well, not ever, but in a long time anyway). My alma mater, Middle Tennessee, is going to their first bowl game in 42 years. Montana won their I-AA quarterfinal game and are one win away from their third national championship game in six years. Today I got to witness the Titans finally get the Colts monkey off their backs with Rob Bironas' game ending 60 yard field goal. Then tonight, I watched Josh Brown hit a game winning field goal in the final seconds for the fourth time this season, giving the Seahawks a victory over the Broncos. Not only that, but he also forced a fumble on a kick return, and I'm pretty sure I've never seen a kicker do that before. So yeah, it was a pretty awesome day. In celebration, today's Christmas song is the only one I know that mentions football.

James Brown - "Go Power At Christmas Time" (mp3) from The Best Of James Brown: The Christmas Collection

Labels:


Comments:
You're right...it was a great football day...GO GRIZ! and I was thrilled to see the Seahawks beat the Broncos at home no less!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?