Fairytale Of New York




Over the past week, I've gotten a lot of hits from people searching for The Pogues' "Fairytale Of New York," which I mentioned in my review of their concert in Las Vegas in October. I can't say I blame them, its one of my all time favorite songs, Christmas or not. And while I normally wouldn't do requests like this, it's Christmas, the time of giving, so what the hell...

The Pogues with Kristy MacColl - "Fairytale Of New York" (mp3) from If I Should Fall From Grace With God

If you're like me and already have the song on at least three different CDs, you can watch the video, which Matt Dillon
calls his favorite moment of his career.



Or if you're feeling weird, you can watch this video of Shane and The Popes performing the song on Irish television, with Shane's mum playing the role of Kristy MacColl. Seriously.

photo by JimmyOK

Labels:


Comments:
I can't believe I forgot that song. Thanks for bringing it back to me! Love it!!!!
 
One of my all-time favourites. It will surely feature in an upcoming Xmas-related post on my blog.
 
Thanks so much for this post, quite effective info.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?