The State! On DVD! Finally!!!




This post is only marginally about music, but who cares... THE STATE HAS FINALLY BEEN RELEASED ON DVD!!! Hallelujah! I don't think I've ever looked forward to a DVD release as much as this one. I wasn't even this excited about the complete Twin Peaks boxset when it finally came out a couple years back.

You're probably familiar with the members of The State, even if you never saw their original series back in the mid-90s. Half the cast of Reno 911! got their start in The State, and other members have gone on to do Stella, Role Models, Wet Hot American Summer, and even Vin Diesel's The Pacifier (seriously).

This DVD set has been in the works for years, and apparently one of the things that held it up for so long was the music rights. And as you can see below, much of the original music unfortunately had to go. I'll admit that I like the original better, but if giving up Marvin Gaye means I actually get to see all these great sketches again, it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?