Maggie May


One of the great things about being married is that the quality of my birthdays has increased exponentially. To put it mildly, my wife spoils me rotten. Among the incredible haul I received on my last placenta emergence anniversary was The Pogues box set, Just Look Them Straight in the Eye & Say Poguemahone! With five CDs of demos, b-sides, outtakes, alternate versions, rehearsals, and live cuts, it was an awesome enough gift in itself, but it was made all the better by the fact that despite being released in 2008, I had no idea that it existed. The damn thing is just incredible, and if you're the slightest bit of a Pogues fan, you simply need to own this.

There's so much good stuff on here, it's hard to pick a highlight, but for me this is definitely it. For my money, it is easily the greatest cover song I've ever heard.

The Pogues - "Maggie May" (mp3) from Just Look Them Straight In The Eye And Say Poguemahone!

Happy St. Patrick's Day everyone!

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?