Song Of The Day




This song has been stuck in my head since about 9:15 this morning, for reasons that will go mostly unmentioned, except to say that a reading of the lyrics would be fairly literal. Unfortunately I didn't have this album loaded on my ipod (that has now been corrected), so I could only hear it in my head until about fifteen minutes ago.

The Stone Roses - "She Bangs The Drums" (mp3) from The Stone Roses

This is the most awesome song on one of the greatest debut albums ever. About a year ago I was searching around youtube, and stumbled on videos of both
John Squire and Ian Brown performing it on recent solo tours. They're both... well, terrible. How did two tuneless wonders create one of the most perfect pop singles ever? Were Reni's backing vocals that important?

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?