Christmas Around The World - Trinidad




I was going to post a different song to represent Trinidad and Tobago in the Christmas Around The World series (Lord Nelson's "A Party For Santa Claus," I promise I'll post it next year), but as awesome as it is, it didn't fit in with the apparent theme of songs that describe Christmas in the location. So here's one that does.

Machel - "Soca Santa" (mp3) from Mas! A Caribbean Christmas Party

I'm pretty sure I paid two dollars for this CD many years ago, and it was worth is just for Joseph Spence's
beautifully bizarre version of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" (check it out here). But this year it's made its way into the yuletide rotation, and it's been a treat. If you're feeling adventurous and craving something different from the same dozen song you seem to hear ad nauseum this time of year, it's worth checking out.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?