Christmas Around The World




One of my favorite Nashville Christmas memories was going to see the Trees of Christmas exhibit at Cheekwood. A few years ago they ended the annual event, apparently after a falling out between the various garden clubs that did each of the themed trees. They still have Christmas exhibits there, but they aren't nearly as big or as cool as they used to be. My favorite was the year they did Christmas Around The World, where each tree represented the various yuletide traditions from countries all over the world. Not only was it festive, but it also appealed to the history nerd in me.

I always post a bunch of Christmas songs this time of year, and I thought this December it'd be fun to do a theme. So every couple of days I'll be posting a song celebrating Christmas around the world. I haven't really planned exactly how many songs I have that fit into this theme (feel free to leave suggestions in the comments), but I came up with a half dozen off the top of my head, so I figure I'll be able to dig up a few more in order to do a post every 2-3 days leading up to Christmas. To kick things off, here's a theme song for the series, courtesy of the Candy Man...

Sammy Davis Jr. - "Christmas Time All Over The World" (mp3) from Christmas With The Rat Pack

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?