Old Lady Shopkeeper Yada Yada




It took me a while to get into Pearl Jam. Part of it was that Ten struck me as a little too slick, but mostly I think it was the hats that Jeff Ament wore in the early 90s... those things were ridiculous. I started coming around when Vs. was released, but it really wasn't until I saw them in concert that I fully realized what a great band they were. Their show in Las Vegas in 2000, on the tenth anniversary of their first show together, was easily one of the best concerts I've ever seen.

I had always thought that today's b-side du jour was just an acoustic mix of the album version. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized it was a different take entirely, complete with slightly different lyrics. Apparently the length of the title was a reaction to the fact that up until then all of their song titles were simply one world. It's was released on the Go single, which is now out of print.

Pearl Jam - "Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town (Acoustic)" (mp3)

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?