The Day After




I had big plans for Valentine's Day around these parts. I had been planning for months to do week long series of my favorite duets, you know, to commemorate the favorite holiday of couples everywhere. I figured it'd be a great way to celebrate love in the form of song. But a funny thing happened as February approached... I found myself with real life plans for Valentine's Day, and suddenly getting ready for that took precedence over getting ready online.

Even in real life I didn't get everything I wanted to done. Part of it was the result of unanticipated expenses that popped up, and part of it was simply running out of time. But the most important thing that happened was that I finished a song for my GF that I had been working on for a couple of weeks. Now not to toot my own horn, but I think writing a song for someone is one of the coolest presents you could give, especially on a day like yesterday. But what made it even more meaningful to me was that it was the first song I had started and finished in about eight years. The last time song I wrote from beginning to end was when I lived in Las Vegas. Since then I'd started a few, but most of them were mediocre at best, and even the ones that showed promise never got finished. This one I actually think turned out pretty good. And, you know... it's done. I'm hoping to get it recorded at some point in the next few weeks, and if you know me I'll probably send you a link to it at some point. I definitely won't be posting it on here, because
self-promotion is so tacky.

I know Valentine's Day has come and gone, but I figured I'd give you at least one of the songs I was going to post in my duet series... a pairing of two of my absolute favorite singers.


Frank Sinatra & Keely Smith - "So In Love" (mp3) from the Reprise Musical Repertory Theater box set

Here's to hoping your Valentine's Day was even half as good as mine, cuz if it was, you still had a really great day.

Labels:


Comments:
Awwwwwwwwwww - ain't love grand?
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?