This And That




- Bruce Springsteen's halftime show? It was good, but not Prince good. I thought "Glory Days" was a great choice for the closer, but that fake referee coming out and calling a penalty for delay of game? Super cheesy. Come on Bruce, you're one of the biggest icons in rock and roll, you don't need to resort to gimmicks to entertain people.

- I finally heard the new U2 song, "Get On Your Boots," this morning, and... I don't know. Maybe it will grow on me, but my first thought was that it is pretty meh. If you've been living under a rock for the past week like I have, you can hear it for yourself at
U2.com.

- The first month of 2009 is in the books, and I have yet to see a show. Ouch. Granted I've been sick for the past two weeks, but I still feel pretty lame. This will need to be corrected, and soon.

- I meant to post this song last fall, when that
State Farm ad was running every Sunday during football season, but I never got around to it. But I had pretty much the most awesome Sunday ever yesterday (even though the Cardinals lost, but what a game!), so I woke up with this song in my head. Enjoy!

Frank & Nancy Sinatra - "Feelin' Kinda Sunday" (mp3) from The Complete Reprise Studio Recordings

Comments:
Gee - no shows for a whole month.....I think you've been a bit distracted :)
 
http://networkupload.com/springsteen.gif
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?